Saturday, February 24, 2007

Waiting for breakfast

Its 7 a.m. in Santa Clara and I am determined to take breakfast today. Though breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I am very irregular with it. Almost everyday i skip breakfast and probably this makes me tired when my brain and body runs on low fuel.

This is not the first time I am so determined to have breakfast. It has happened many times in past and I was able to achieve this difficult goal only by not sleeping whole night. I had done it many times when I was in IIT, and, during my first job in Hyderabad. I became much more organized after coming to Pune, where I am able to achieve this goal without night outs. That is only because of Jeet, who is capable enough to wake me up with regular phone calls and messaging. I am so thankful to him for all the efforts he puts in for it.

But today, after so long, I am again on a night out waiting for breakfast. Actually, I am not very excited about it as I used to be in IIT. The feeling was different altogether, mostly because of the chit-chatting over the mess table and fish pond eating aalu ka paratha. People reading newspaper loudly and discussing about cricket or any other hot article from Bombay times with a sutta in hand. It seems like the comfort of 5 star hotel of US and a number of options to eat in breakfast does not excite me. May be i should go back to IIT for few days to live those moments once again.

6 comments:

Priyanka said...

Goti, damn neat piece....so u do have a writer in u .... and Jeet might be quite pleased to see himself feature in one of ur first works....
So anyways HOW WAS BREAKFAST??????
heheheheh

Jeet said...

Goti, Thanks :-) Maine to kayi baar bola hai ki bambai jaate hain.. tum peeche hat jaate ho har baar :p

Acchi likhi hai yeh blog entry..

Unknown said...

Pure PAANCH ank Gotiji :*)
Mujhe bhi aamchi mumbai chalna hian...hawaiin shack for Break fast!!!

Jeet said...

Are bawdi ho gayi ke chori.. who goes to hawaiin shack for "Break fast"?

Piyush Peshwani said...

dope at iit...50 bucks!
booze at SP...300 bucks!
1 rainy night, 2 movies...free!

breakfast after a night-out...priceless!!

Anchal said...

Wat do u say bout breakfast at Lonavala after a chatty night :P :P