Monday, February 26, 2007

My first car

After months of bumming rides off everyone else, I have finally decided to buy my first car when I will be back to India. Technically, this will not be my first car as I had gifted one to my parents on their marriage anniversary after my first job.

Purchasing a car does not mean walking onto a car lot, pick a car and drive home in it the same day. Moreover, being the first one I want it the way I like it, ALL. Whenever I travel to US, my company pays for a nice rental car. This time I have got a Red Convertible, Ford Mustang. It was one of the most successful product launches in automobile industry, which has long and glorious history. It has iconic looks to die for and its mascular engine sound is as good as it looks.

Last year I had rented a SUV. Unless you drive one of the largest SUVs, you cannot understand why people purchase such a monster. The SUV brings back the thrill of driving for driving's sake that I had when I was in school but which has long since worn off. When barreling down the street in an SUV, the song "Take the Money and Run" sounds unbelievably sweet.

I am afraid that back in India I will not be able to buy any such car, instead, I will have to settle down to a C segment car like Hyundai Accent or Ford Ikon. These are the cars of low income groups in US or Europe. This makes me think that I should have come to US after my masters if i really wanted to have such material pleasures. I rather chose to be an emotional fool and stayed back in India.

3 comments:

Pooja Rastogi said...

it sounds amazing...if u read it the way Tom Hanks gives discription about his life in his movie forrest gump:P

Priyanka said...

dude..... nice piece again...ur making a habit of it i see :)
u know u still can follow ur materialistic dreams

Jeet said...

Turant car khareed lo.. phir bharat braman wala idea implement karenge.

Red convertible Mustang !! cool :-)